Buffer OverflowsThis course introduces the buffer overflow vulnerability, its exploitation and possible mitigations.
Course descriptionBuffer overflow vulnerabilities are some of the simplest vulnerabilities that can exist in an application. This course discusses how poor memory management can leave an application open to attack, how the vulnerability can be exploited and potential mitigations to reduce the probability and impact of vulnerable code.
Buffer Overflow Demo
Video - 00:04:00
Buffer Overflow Mitigations
Video - 00:16:00
Buffer Overflow Case Study
Video - 00:05:00
Buffer Overflow Exploitation
Video - 00:10:00
Video - 00:08:00
Introduction to Memory
Video - 00:06:00
Introduction to Buffer Overflows
Video - 00:02:00
Associated NICE Work Roles
All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Cyber Operator
- Law Enforcement / Counterintelligence Forensics Analyst
- Cyber Defense Forensics Analyst
Plans & pricing
- Team administration and reporting
- Dedicated client success manager
Single sign-on (SSO)
Easily authenticate and manage your learners by connecting to any identity provider that supports the SAML 2.0 standard.
Integrations via API
Retrieve training performance and engagement metrics and integrate learner data into your existing LMS or HRS.
- 190+ role-guided learning paths and assessments (e.g., Incident Response)
- 100s of hands-on labs in cloud-hosted cyber ranges
- Create and assign custom learning paths
- Custom certification practice exams (e.g., CISSP, CISA)
- Optional upgrade: Guarantee team certification with live boot camps