InfoSec Institute's 5-day Comprehensive Linux Boot Camp is a totally hands-on course covering all important facets of the world's most popular open source operating system.
Throughout this course, you gain the essential knowledge and hands-on skills to leverage Linux for your organizational advantage. You learn to create, edit and search Linux files, control permissions and ownership, process and format text data, and use shell scripts to perform multiple tasks.
Comprehensive Linux Course Benefits and Goals
During our intense linux training course, you will learn hands-on skills that are relevant for any linux distribution (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, Backtrack, etc.) such as how to:
- Manage, control and automate Linux GNU open source tools
- Create, edit and search Linux files and directories
- Limit access within the file system by controlling permissions and ownership
- Combine GNU filter commands in pipelines to process and format text data
- Exploit Bash shell features to enhance the command line interface
- Perform multiple tasks in shell scripts simultaneously
- Building, linking and removing Linux files and directories
- Setting and testing file permissions
- Customizing start-up scripts for enhanced Bash interactivity
- Running shell scripts for automation
- Installing Linux software and configuring the network interface
The proprietary InfoSec Institute course material is designed to provide an extensive hands-on experience for you. Topics include: installation and configuration; the boot process; user and group administration; filesystem administration, including quotas, FACLs, RAID and LVM; task automation; client networking; SELinux; software management; log files; troubleshooting; and more.
In addition to acquiring the skills of an Enterprise Linux Admin, at InfoSec Institute we feel it is important to be able to demonstrate your skills and value as an IT professional to your current or future employer. During our Comprehensive Linux Boot Camp, you will be prepared to achieve the following Linux professional certifications on-site:
- Linux Professional Institute's LPIC-1 (Exams 101 & 102)
- Comptia Linux+(Exams LX0-101 and LX0-102)
- Suse CLA
InfoSec Institute's Comprehensive Linux Boot Camp covers all the objectives for both the LPIC-1 and CompTIA Linux+ certifications, detailed exam prep, and time for two challenging exams in 5 days by extending the training into the evening and providing an all inclusive immersion experience.