InfoSec Institute’s CompTIA Linux+, Boot Camp is an intense, comprehensive five day course where students acquire the fundamental skills and knowledge needed to successfully configure, manage and troubleshoot Linux systems. In addition to its significant presence in the server room, all the major public cloud providers offer Linux images as a way of speeding up virtual instance creation. Add on that Linux-based Android accounts for approximately 80% of the smartphone market and you’ll find many IT careers are founded on Linux skills.
Benefits & Goals
During our Linux training course, you’ll learn hands-on skills that are relevant for any Linux distribution (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, etc.) such as how to:
- Manage, control and automate Linux GNU open source tools
- Create, edit and search Linux files and directories
- Limit access within the file system by controlling permissions and ownership
- Combine GNU filter commands in pipelines to process and format text data
- Exploit Bash shell features to enhance the command line interface
- Perform multiple tasks in shell scripts simultaneously
- Building, linking and removing Linux files and directories
- Setting and testing file permissions
- Customizing start-up scripts for enhanced Bash interactivity
- Running shell scripts for automation
- Installing Linux software and configuring the network interface
The proprietary InfoSec Institute course material is designed to provide an extensive hands-on experience for you. Topics include: installation and configuration; the boot process; user and group administration; filesystem administration, including quotas, FACLs, RAID and LVM; task automation; client networking; SELinux; software management; log files; troubleshooting; and more.