Everything you need to earn your certification
- 90-day extended access to Boot Camp components, including class recordings
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Free 90-day Infosec Skills subscription (access to 1,400+ additional courses and labs)
- Hands-on cyber ranges and labs
- Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
- Pre-study learning path
Award-winning training you can trust
What you'll learn
Infosec’s Incident Response and Network Forensics Boot Camp covers the essential information you need to properly detect, contain and mitigate security incidents. You’ll learn the ins and outs of incident response as well as the tools used by incident responders on a daily basis. You’ll gain hands-on experience in how systems are compromised and what traces are left behind by attackers on the network, on disk and in volatile memory.
Security incidents are a way of life in the modern world, and how organizations respond to them makes a massive difference in how much damage is ultimately done. This boot camp addresses cutting-edge attack vectors as well as tried-and-true methods for compromise. You leave with the knowledge of how to prevent incidents and the skills to defend against a security incident if it does happen.
Before your boot camp
One or more years of experience in incident handling or equivalent information security experience is recommended.
- Constructing your live incident response toolkit
- Event/incident detection
- Sources of network evidence
- TCP reconstruction
- Flow analysis
- Log analysis
- Firewall log investigation
- Log aggregation
- Triage & analysis
- Network artifact discovery
- DNS forensics and artifacts
- NTP forensics and artifacts
- HTTP forensics and artifacts
- HTTPS and SSL analysis
- FTP and SSH forensics
- Email protocol artifacts
- Wireless network forensics
- Perform vulnerability analysis
- Timeline analysis
- Volatile data sources and collection
- Defensive review and recommendations
- Communications about an organizational incident
- Liaison with law enforcement personnel
- Track and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution
- Perform risk assessments on incident management systems and networks
- Run vulnerability scanning tools on incident management systems and networks
Our boot camp guarantees
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different online or in-person course.
Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year.
Unlock team training discounts
If you’re like many of our clients, employee certification is more than a goal — it’s a business requirement. Connect with our team to learn more about our training discounts.