IAPP CIPT Certification Training Boot Camp
Transform your career in 2 days
Boot camp at a glance
Online, in-person, team onsite
Ready to discuss your training goals? We've got you covered.
Complete the form and book a meeting with a member of our team to explore your learning opportunities.
This is where the error message would go.
Thanks! We look forward to meeting with you!
What you'll learn
Our Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) boot camp provides you with foundational knowledge about core privacy concepts and essential elements of embedding privacy in information technology. The course covers privacy considerations for every stage of the information life cycle as well as effective privacy-enhancing techniques and technologies, including access management, data encryption and privacy-by-design principles.
You will also learn about online services and technologies with specific privacy requirements and considerations, such as social media, cloud computing, and web browser privacy and security.
Award-winning training you can trust
Everything you need to know
- 90-day extended access to Boot Camp components, including class recordings
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- Exam voucher
- Free 90-day Infosec Skills subscription (access to 1,400+ additional courses and labs)
- Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
- One year IAPP membership
- Unlimited practice exam attempts
What makes the Infosec CIPT prep course different?
You can rest assured that the CIPT training materials are fully updated and synced with the latest version of the exam. With 20 years of training experience, we stand by our CIPT training with an Exam Pass Guarantee. This means if you don’t pass the exam on the first attempt, we’ll pay for your second exam at no additional cost to you!
Importance of privacy in IT environment
- Privacy and regulatory compliance requirements
- Privacy expectations
- Risks to IT environments
- Common mistakes
- Privacy vs. security
- Governance and role of IT professionals
- Important privacy documents (notices and relevant security and privacy policies)
- Relevant standards and frameworks
- SDLC privacy and security
- Privacy considerations in enterprise architecture (incident response, cross-border data transfers and Privacy Impact Assessments)
- Core privacy principles
Privacy in the information life cycle
- Stages of the information life cycle
- Privacy considerations for collection of information
- Privacy considerations for use of information
- Privacy considerations for disclosure of information
- Privacy considerations for retention of information
- Privacy considerations for destruction of information
Optional group & individual study
Privacy-enabling technologies and controls
- Privacy challenges for enterprise IT architecture
- Identify and access management (IAM)
- Protecting credit card information
- Privacy and security controls for remote access and mobile devices
- Data encryption types, standards and implementation
- Automated data retrieval and audits
- Data masking and obfuscation
- Implementing DLP
- Privacy considerations for customer-facing applications
Common privacy techniques
- Identifiability of data
- Privacy-by-design principles
Privacy in online environment
- Online privacy expectations and requirements
- Privacy challenges with social media
- Common online threats and safeguards
- E-commerce and advertising
- Web tracking technologies (cookies, beacons and more)
- Machine-readable languages for privacy policies
- Web browser privacy and security features
- Secure web protocols (SSL/TLS, HTTPS)
Privacy and emerging technologies
- Cloud computing privacy and security concerns
- Wireless communications
- Principles of location-based technologies and services
- IoT and other smart technologies
- Electronic surveillance
Our boot camp guarantees
Exam Pass Guarantee
If you don’t pass your exam on the first attempt, get a second attempt for free. Includes the ability to re-sit the course for free for up to one year (does not apply to CMMC-AB boot camps).
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different online or in-person course.
Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year.
Unlock team training discounts
If you’re like many of our clients, employee certification is more than a goal — it’s a business requirement. Connect with our team to learn more about our training discounts.
You're in good company
Erik Heiss, United States Air Force
The instructor was able to take material that prior to the class had made no sense, and explained it in real world scenarios that were able to be understood.
Michelle Jemmott, Pentagon
I really appreciate that our instructor was extremely knowledgeable and was able to provide the information in a way that it could be understood. He also provided valuable test-taking strategies that I know not only helped me with this exam, but will help in all exams I take in the future.
Robert Caldwell, Salient Federal Solutions
The course was extremely helpful and provided exactly what we needed to know in order to successfully navigate the exam. Without this I am not confident I would have passed.
Explore our top boot camps
More learning opportunities
CompTIA Security+ Training Boot Camp
Cisco CCNA Associate & CyberOps Associate Training Boot Camp with Dual Certification
(ISC)² CISSP® Training Boot Camp
Our CISSP Boot Camp is designed to tackle the ever-evolving challenges of information security, and our intensive program provides you with the skills needed to excel. We cover the broad range of knowledge required for the CISSP certification and fully prepare you to pass the CISSP exam.