IAPP CIPM Certification Training Boot Camp
Transform your career in 2 days
Boot camp at a glance
Online, in-person, team onsite
1-3 years of experience
What you'll learn
As an International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Official Training Partner, Infosec is uniquely suited to help you gain certification and advance your career. After attending our CIPM training, you will be able to successfully pass the IAPP CIPM exam and will gain marketable skills in the following key areas:
- Creating a company vision
- Structuring the privacy team
- Developing and implementing a privacy program framework
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Measuring performance
- The privacy operational life cycle
Who should attend
Professionals who can benefit from the CIPM certificate include:
- Chief privacy officers (CPOs) and other senior information management professionals in both the public and private sectors
- Corporate privacy managers, legal compliance officers and risk managers
- Corporate managers who are responsible for privacy within their teams, such as human resources, procurement, marketing and customer relations
- Non–privacy professionals who serve or support a privacy or compliance team and who need to achieve a consistent level of privacy education
- Information security professionals (CISO, CISSP)
- Information auditing and IT governance professionals (CISA, CISM)
Award-winning training you can trust
Ready to discuss your training goals? We've got you covered.
Complete the form and book a meeting with a member of our team to explore your learning opportunities.
This is where the error message would go.
Thanks! We look forward to meeting with you!
Everything you need to know
- 90-day extended access to Boot Camp components, including class recordings
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Exam Pass Guarantee
- Exam voucher
- Free 90-day Infosec Skills subscription (access to 1,400+ additional courses and labs)
- Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
- One year IAPP membership
- Unlimited practice exam attempts
What makes the Infosec IAPP CIPM prep course different?
You can rest assured that the IAPP CIPM training materials are fully updated and synced with the latest version of the exam. In addition, you’ll gain access to a IAPP CIPM prep course the moment you enroll, so you can prepare for and get the most out of your boot camp.
With 20 years of training experience, we stand by our IAPP CIPM training with an Exam Pass Guarantee. This means if you don’t pass the exam on the first attempt, we’ll pay for your second exam at no additional cost to you!
Before your boot camp
Preparation (before the boot camp starts)
Optional group & individual study
Schedule may vary from class to class
Stage I: Assess
Stage II: Protect
Stage III: Sustain
Stage IV: Respond
After you finish the IAPP CIPM Certification Training Boot Camp
After completing the IAPP CIPM Certification Training Boot Camp, you’re steps away from getting certified and giving your career a boost. Your Infosec Skills access extends 90 days past your boot camp, during which you have access to our comprehensive library of cybersecurity courses, including additional training on managing privacy risks, ensuring compliance with privacy regulations and building a culture of privacy protection.
You can also continue learning, earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits, and stay up to date with the latest trends and developments.
Unlock team training discounts
If you’re like many of our clients, employee certification is more than a goal — it’s a business requirement. Connect with our team to learn more about our training discounts.
How long does the CIPM certification remain valid after you pass the test?
A CIPM certificate is valid for two years from the date of certification. After the initial two-year period, CIPM-certified professionals are required to renew by earning Continuing Privacy Education (CPE) credits, affirming adherence to the IAPP Code of Professional Ethics and paying a renewal fee. Details regarding the renewal fee can be obtained from the IAPP website or by contacting the IAPP directly.
Renewing the CIPM certification keeps you updated with the evolving privacy landscape, maintains your knowledge and skills and positions you as a privacy management and compliance leader.
What are the career opportunities like for CIPM certified professionals?
After completing the IAPP CIPM Certification Training Boot Camp, you’re steps away from getting certified and giving your career a boost. Since privacy management is relevant to every industry, CIPM-certified professionals are well-positioned for a variety of career opportunities. This is especially true for organizations actively investing in privacy programs and compliance. CIPM-certified professionals hold many titles, including:
- Cybersecurity professionals
- Privacy manager
- Privacy compliance manager
- Privacy consultant
Job titles and responsibilities vary across industries and organizations, but this gives you a good idea of the CIPM-certified landscape.
What job titles are most common for people with the IAPP CIPM certification?
Some common positions that this certification can help you land include:
Data protection officer (DPO)
IAPP CIPM certification salary expectations
The average salary for privacy management professionals is $126,760, according to salary.com, but it often ranges between $111,139 and $144,340. Salaries can differ widely for CIPM-certified professionals, depending on factors such as job role, industry, location, education, certification, additional skills and years of professional experience.
Our boot camp guarantees
Exam Pass Guarantee
If you don’t pass your exam on the first attempt, get a second attempt for free. Includes the ability to re-sit the course for free for up to one year (does not apply to CMMC-AB boot camps).
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different online or in-person course.
Knowledge Transfer Guarantee
If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year.
Frequently asked questions
What is a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) certification?
The Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) certification is a professional certification offered by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). It is designed for those responsible for managing privacy programs and ensuring compliance with privacy laws and regulations within their organizations.
The CIPM certification focuses on the knowledge and skills required to establish and manage privacy programs, develop privacy policies and procedures and navigate the complex landscape of privacy regulations. It covers wide aspects of privacy management, including privacy governance, privacy frameworks, privacy risk management, privacy operations and accountability.
What is the value of a CIPM certification?
The value depends on your motivation for achieving certification, but CIPM certification is widely recognized and respected within the privacy field, and there are a host of benefits to your professional development and skillset. Some include:
- Demonstrated expertise: It shows you possess a comprehensive understanding of and ability to effectively manage privacy programs and mitigate privacy risks within organizations.
- Enhanced career opportunities: The internationally recognized CIPM certification distinguishes you from peers and gives you a competitive advantage when seeking new roles, even in multinational or overseas organizations.
- Professional development: The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) community provides networking and access to resources that help you stay updated on emerging trends, regulations and best practices.
- Organizational benefits: Employers benefit from having, and therefore seek, CIPM-certified professionals in their workforce.
Is the CIPM certification worth it?
How do I get CIPM certified?
Is the CIPM certification difficult to obtain?
You’re in Good Company
Sheree Moore, Mobile County Public Schools
Incredible! I have attended classes where the instructor just read PowerPoints — our instructor added so much additional information to the class and knows the field of security inside and out! I was very pleased with his knowledge and instructional skills.
William Jack, Deloitte Consulting, LLC
I went to West Point for my bachelor’s, Columbia for my master’s and had multiple Army-led courses, and this ranks as one of the best, most engaging courses that I have ever had.
Erik Heiss, United States Air Force
The instructor was able to take material that prior to the class had made no sense and explained it in real-world scenarios that were able to be understood.
Explore our top boot camps