SCADA Security Online
Our SCADA security instructors have both SCADA security and IT security expertise - rare combination. Now updated with an in-depth lab on Stuxnet
1: IACRB's CSSA
SCADA, DCS and other process control networks, generically called SCADA, run the nation’s mission critical infrastructure, everything from the power grid to water treatment, chemical manufacturing to transportation. These networks are at increasing risk due to the move to standard protocols, the Microsoft OS and interconnection to other networks. Learn the skills required to direct and manage the appropriate cyber security protection for your SCADA system.
Rest assured, we have made every effort to replicate the same training experience you would receive in our Instructor-Led SCADA Security course. Many online or CBT training offerings are simply a recording of a talking head. InfoSec Institute's SCADA Security Online includes a shipment of software that is loaded onto your computer, which allows you to complete hands-on lab exercises! Not only do you get high quality instruction from an expert instructor, with InfoSec Institute, you also perform hands-on lab exercises that allow for real knowledge transfer.
Some of the benefits of SCADA Online are:
- Attend the exact same course as the Instructor-Led SCADA Security in an online format
- Interact with over 25 online modules, taught by an expert instructor.
- We ship you a number of Virtual Machines (VMs) pre-installed with hundreds of tools and scripts that you use to perform hands-on lab exercises. These are the same lab exercises as the instructor-led class.
- Get online guidance while you perform the lab exercises, the labs have been recorded from start to finish.
- Prepare yourself for the CSSA certifications from home or work. When you purchase SCADA Security Online, you automatically get an exam voucher for the CSSA certification.
Today, IT departments and the classic IT security approach is wreaking havoc with SCADA systems. Too often, IT ‘fixes’ bring a SCADA system down, but avoiding or ignoring cyber security is not an option. Learn how standard IT security solutions can be used in SCADA systems and where SCADA specific security controls and practices are required. This course will teach you to develop a SCADA cyber security program and work with internal and external IT resources to implement the program.
Our SCADA security instructors have both SCADA security and IT security expertise, a rare combination. They have performed assessments, designed security architectures, and written and audited security policies on a wide variety of real world SCADA systems in the oil & gas, electric, water and other industries.
- Understanding of a SCADA system.
- Attendees can be anyone involved with protection of a SCADA system: SCADA supervisors, analysts, system administrators as well as SCADA vendors.
- Desire to learn how to protect the cyber critical infrastructure.
Because of the nature of this security course, you must pass a background check prior to attending. Students that fail, or do not complete the background check approval process, are not allowed to attend. You will be issued a full refund if you fail to complete a background check.
- Over 90% CSSA Pass Rate
- Get the top CSSA certification!
- Hundreds of tools loaded onto VMs for you
"I was blown away by the instructor's knowledge and expertise. ... Would recommend to anyone thinking about being a pen tester"
SCADA Topics Covered
- SCADA security policies
- Firewall architecture, DMZ, and rulebases
- Secure remote access to a control center
- SCADA protocol security issues
- Securing field communications
- User authentication technologies and integration with SCADA applications
- Access control principles and implementation
- Active Directory integration with SCADA applications
- Detecting cyber attacks on SCADA systems
- Vulnerability scanning
- Security patch management
- Anti-virus protection and management
- Exceptions – what to do when you can’t implement best practice
- SCADA security standards
Some of the hands-on lab work you will do:
- Design a SCADA Security Policy
- Implement access control to field devices with Microsoft Active Directory
- Intercept and analyze Modbus/TCP network traffic with a sniffer
- Initiate unauthorized commands to field device
- Setup and configure a Modbus/TCP firewall
- Take home a limited use copy of Triangle MicroWorks SCADA simulator
for independent study at your home and/or office
Certifications & Compliance
IACRB's Certified SCADA Security Architect (CSSA)
The CSSA determines if a candidate possess adequate knowledge to properly secure a SCADA system. It is designed to be relevant for power transmission, oil and gas and water treatment industries.
The CSSA certification provides professionals with an objective measure of competence as well as a recognizable standard of achievement. The CSSA credential is ideal for industrial network administrators and their managers, as well as IT professionals and their managers. The CSSA certification encompasses the following domains:
Pricing for SCADA Security - including the CSSA
Call (866)-471-0059 or fill out this short form for current pricing
- Access to 25+ online modules
- Multiple VMs (Virtual Machines) pre-loaded with hundreds of tools and scripts so you can do hands-on lab exercises from home or work
- Lecture and Lab Exercise books
- InfoSec's Custom SCADA Security CD-ROM
- Certified SCADA Security Architect (CSSA) exam fee.
Other Related Tools & Resources For Our Students
Total Access to Live Recorded Ethical Hacking Lectures:
InfoSec Institute's Ethical Hacking class is structured for maximum retention of knowledge learned in class. Because we believe in a commitment to your ongoing education after you attend a hands-on Ethical Hacking class, InfoSec Institute makes available for every student access to all of the Live Recorded lectures you attended in-class. These are available in online format for 30 days after the training session!